Job Position: Value Based Care Coordinator
Job Description: This position is responsible for the coordination of patient value based care. The Coordinator performs a variety of duties both telephonic with patients and clerical in nature. This position requires skill in planning and coordinating day to day office activities. The individual must work independently while taking ownership and be accountable of the Value Based program.
Job Type: Full-time
Responsible for patient follow-up phone calls.
Responsible for the review of daily logs and notes from Case Managers to assure continuity of care, documentation of nursing process, appropriateness of intervention/action and timeliness of documentation.
Communicates with the case management team any information received from physician, patient or employees about the patient’s care or needs.
Prepares and mails packets to patients.
Takes physician orders by phone, documents, notifies appropriate Case Manager and adjusts schedules accordingly as indicated. Files all office records as necessary.
Responsible for review of new scheduled surgeries and enters the information into the case management database.
· Excellent phone skills with a passion for patient care.
· Ability to interact professionally and diplomatically with physicians, hospitals, insurance companies and coworkers.
· Maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
· Must be comfortable working within multiple computer systems/programs.
· Orthopedic office experience a plus.
Required Education & Experience
· High school diploma
· Previous experience in a healthcare environment.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, specifically Excel