Job Position: New Patient Specialist
Job Description: This position is responsible for new patient demographic entry and verification of insurance.
Job Type: Full-time
New Patient Specialist Duties
1. Registers patients into the practice management system accurately and timely.
2. Greets patient over the telephone politely and promptly, ensuring accuracy of all telephone messages.
3. Obtains accurate, updated patient demographic information and data for input into the practice management system.
4. Collects personal and billing information when registering a patient, documents insurance coverage, verifies insurance information, documents if a referral is required and inputs information into the practice management system.
5. Assists patients in understanding insurance benefits.
6. Refers patients to Financial Consultant if unable to verify insurance policies.
7. Demonstrates ability to tactfully handle difficult situations with patients, families and medical personnel.
8. Portrays a positive, courteous and professional manner to patients, families, visitors, co-workers and medical personnel.
9. Utilizes payor websites to obtain verification of eligibility and benefits.
10. Stays focused on multiple tasks with many interruptions.
11. Run physician schedules ahead of time to verify patient eligibility.
12. Verifies any add-on appointments to physician schedules.
13. Assist office staff in updating insurance packages and running eligibility.
14. Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
1. Must have 2 years of new patient registration and/or insurance verification experience
2. Ability to interact professionally and diplomatically with physicians, hospitals, insurance companies and coworkers
3. Maintain patient confidentiality at all times
4. 10-Key Proficient
5. Outstanding written and oral communication skills
6. Computer skills required