Job Position: Medical Insurance Collector I
Job Description: The Insurance Collector performs all functions necessary to obtain timely and accurate reimbursement on all medical claims. This is includes working heavy denials and appeals. Position requires excellent organization skills. Position works directly with providers to maximize their revenues.
Job Type: Full-time
Medical Insurance Collector Duties
1. Responsible for working hold and manager hold buckets for assigned payers.
2. Review and investigate unpaid insurance medical claims.
3. Writing appeal letters and communicating with insurance carriers regarding denied claims.
4. Identifies and resolves problems, including but not limited to, duplicate or incorrect charges, incorrect coding, erroneous registration, incorrect payer processing and initiates corrections accordingly.
5. Documents all actions and outcomes within billing system.
6. Answer calls, emails and other from OA staff regarding claim or account status.
7. Responsible for working errors from payor websites example: AHIN, Medicaid, CMS etc.
8. Work mail that has been sent from assigned insurance companies.
9. Communicating with Claims Reimbursement Manager prior to w/o claim balance.
10. Research insurance companies coverage policies in order to get claims paid correctly.
11. Maintain physician dashboards.
12. Attend local insurance meetings as needed.
13. Perform related work as required.
14. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school or GED, plus specialized schooling and/or on the job education in a specific skill area; e.g. data processing, clerical/administrative, equipment operation, etc, plus 12 to 18 months experience in Medical Insurance Collections and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.