Job Position: Physical Therapy Assistant
Job Description: Physical therapist assistants (PTAs) work as part of a team to provide outpatient physical therapy services under the direction and supervision of the physical therapist. PTAs implement the plan of care with the selected components of patient interventions(treatment), obtain data related to the interventions provided, and make modifications in selected interventions either to progress the patient as directed by the physical therapist or to ensure patient safety and comfort. PTAs assist the physical therapist in the treatment of individuals who have medical problems or other health-related conditions that limit their abilities to move and perform functional activities in their daily lives.
Job Type: Full-time
Physical Therapy Assistant Duties
1. Implement the plan of care established by the physical therapist for patients under their care.
2. Perform selected modalities and interventions that are part of the plan of care.
3. Complete documentation with Athena software for daily treatment sessions following state and
4. Organize and distribute linen for clinic use.
5. Keep the clinic organized and free of obstacles.
6. Interact with patients in close contact and about sensitive matters and with hands on movement of
7. Use chemical cleaners to clean various surfaces, equipment, and tables along with changing
8. Comply with OSHA and HIPPA regulations.
9. Follow company policies and procedures. .
10. Develop and foster positive rapport with administrative and medical staff, fellow employees,
patients, and family members.
11. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Physical Therapists Assistants(PTA’s) have completed degree requirements from an accredited Physical Therapy Assistant Program and obtain licensure by the state of Arkansas Physical Therapy Board.
Must possess the evaluation skills necessary to assess the patient’s status and plan an appropriate plan of physical therapy.
Must be familiar with all modalities, procedures, techniques and equipment necessary to meet the needs of our patient clientele.
Must meet continuing education standards set forth by the Arkansas Board of Physical Therapy.