Job Position: Physical Therapy Tech
Job Description: This individual will be responsible for assisting the physical therapist, occupational therapist, or physical therapist assistant in day-to-day operations. They are an unlicensed member of the physical or occupational therapy team who assists the therapists under the direct supervision of a physical therapist, physical therapist assistant, occupational therapist. They complete on-the-job training to learn and administer various modalities, assist patients in completing exercises, prep and clean therapy equipment.
Job Type: Full-time
Physical Therapy Tech Duties
1. Fold, organize, and distribute towels and pillowcases through the clinic.
2. Change pillow cases and towels, clean various surfaces and wipe down therapy equipment with
3. Interact with patients, call them from the lobby, escort to therapy areas and prepare for the
4. Administer modalities under supervision of therapist with application of cold and heat packs, assist
with splint padding and exercises instruction.
5. Keep Inventory, order and maintain clinic supplies.
6. Keep the splint area clean after each patient.
7. Clean the treatment area after each patient and at the end of the day.
8. Maintain and clean clinic equipment such as the splint pan, BTE, paraffin and hydrocollator.
9. Check and maintain temperatures of paraffin, splint pan and hydrocollator.
10. Assist with scheduling patients.
11. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily.
High school diploma or GED.
0 to 6 months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Should be familiar with all modalities, procedures, techniques and equipment necessary to meet the needs of our patient clientele.