Job Position: Registered Nurse, Surgery Center
Job Description: Accountable for utilizing the nursing process to provide safe, therapeutic care of the patients in the Pre-op, PACU and Interventional areas. Assist members of the nursing team in the management of patient care and facilitate case flow from admission to discharge from the facility. Provide high quality patient care within the ambulatory surgery center.
Job Type: PRN
1. Consults with the patient, family caregiver and other team members to coordinate patient care.
2. Makes pre-op phone call on surgery patients.
3. Report any abnormal medical history to the anesthesiologist.
4. Utilizes knowledge base to educate patients on their surgery. Pre and Post-op needs. T
5. Demonstrates appropriate use of PPE and compliance to all hazardous exposure requirements.
6. Carries out treatments or orders within within the scope of practice. .
7. Administration of IV's and IV medications.
8. Assess safety needs, patients pain level, skin color, circulation, respiration and blood pressure.
9. Completes all medical records correctly according to center policy.
10. Conducts chart audits accurately and as time permits.
11. Prepares clinical area for the next day.
12. Checks emergency supplies and equipment.
13. Plans, implements and practices effective cost reduction techniques.
14. Restocks clinical area and identifies supplies that need to be reordered.
15. Administers medication in compliance with policies/procedures and DEA regulations.
16. Ensure consents are signed on all surgery patients by the patient, nurse and physician.
17. Explain procedure to patient in a manner they can understand.
18. Sign and date all physician orders.
19. Make sure site is marked before patient goes to surgery.
20. Assist anesthesia with performance of nerve blocks.
21. Assist with dressing and cast care.
22. Enters data to complete required Procedure Log. .
23. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Knowledge of a specialized field (however acquired), such as basic accounting, computer, etc. Equivalent of four years in high school, plus night, trade extension, or correspondence school specialized training, equal to two years of college, plus 12 to 18 months related experience and/or training, and 7 to 11 months related management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
PREFERRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS